Friday, June 24, 2011

Nanny Paula's Hot Fudge


My Nanny Paula is a great cook.  The recipe I really want from her is for her applesauce, but her hot fudge is always a big hit in our family.  Throughout my childhood, everyone has always enjoyed it on a big bowl of ice cream (or Lactaid ice cream for my Papa).  I'm not a huge chocolate person but this is pretty darn delicious.

Nanny Paula's hot fudge

Last night, she made it for her famous ice cream pie.  It was silky and chocolately and warm  - way better than anything from a jar.  And check out the recipe, it's super easy to make!  For the 4th of July I strongly recommend you make this sauce and serve it up on a big ice cream sundae.  Don't forget the cherry on top!

Nanny Paula's hot fudge

Nanny Paula's Hot Fudge

Ingredients
1 stick butter
3 oz unsweetened chocolate
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 cup (1/2 pint) whipping cream

Instructions
Over a double boiler, melt together the butter and chocolate.
Mix with sugar and cocoa in a pot on the stove over medium heat until smooth. The mixture will be thick.
Add the whipping cream, stirring constantly.
When the mixture starts to boil remove from the stove and serve.

Tip: You can double this recipe and put in tupperware and freeze.  Then just microwave to reheat when you're ready to serve.

6 comments:

Karen Liffmann said...

Wow! I thought this was top secret!

Baking Ribbons said...

I can't wait to try this! I love hot fudge, but I don't like the store bought kind. Thanks for the recipe!!!!

Pame Recetas said...

OMG this is pure temptation, I love this fudge, thanks for the recipe.

Sandra said...

Mmm...I wish I could try it :D

letterpresslady said...

How much does your 1 stick of butter weigh? It comes in blocks here...

dani said...

I think typically a stick of butter is 1/4 of a block!