Friday, April 6, 2012

Passover Recipes


Passover is back at Sundown tonight!  Did you get your 5-lb of matzo free from Giant this year?  The Monkey Scientist and I each got 5-lbs so there will be lots of Chocolate Caramelized Matzoh (aka Matzoh Crack) made this year!  (But also, if you live in DC, let me know and I will absolute share a box or 2 with you!!)

I'm having a MUCH smaller Seder this year - only 4 of us.  Last year was such a blast, but a lot of work!  Passover Seder is one of my favorite nights of the year, so I still had to do something.  I'm trying a few new recipes that I will share with you later this week.

If you're celebrating, I hope you have a lovely Seder with your family and friends.  Below you can find a little recap of the delicious recipes I made last year.  I hope they give you a little bit of last minute inspiration.  I also threw in some recipes from around the web that I'm looking forward to making this year. Enjoy!!

Chocolate Caramelized Matzoh (Matzoh Crack) (dairy if you use Milk chocolate) - my favorite!!
Coconut Lime and White Chocolate Macaroons (dairy)
Eggplant Matzoh Lasagna (dairy)
Potato Kugel Klein (dairy)
Southwestern Pulled Brisket (meat)
Raspberry Coconut Macaroons - I'd use black or blueberries
Matzoh Pizza (dairy) - we made this all the time growing up!
Saffron Matzoh Balls (meat if put in chicken broth) - the Monkey Scientist is in charge of the matzoh ball soup at our place, but I love this fancy twist on a classic! I think we're going to make it!
Chopped Liver  (meat) - I'm dying to learn to make my own! Have you tried  before?
Classic Brisket (meat)
Flourless Chocolate Cake (dairy) - mine came out awful last year, I need to try this new recipe!
Spiced Lamb and Eggplant Matzoh Crepes (meat)  - umm, YUM!
Lemon and Honey Artichokes - great for Easter as well!


No comments: