Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Easy Peanut Sauce

Easy Peanut Sauce

As we're getting ready for our big move to Chicago (we're under the 2 week mark!), we've been trying to use up the things we have left in our kitchen.  This weekend, it was a big package of rice noodles from H Mart.  We had tons leftover in the fridge so when my usual Monday morning routine rolled around (aka I have 6 minutes before I need to leave for work, what can I take for lunch?), I threw together a quick peanut sauce to put on top of the noodles.

It's absolutely wonderful! It's nutty, creamy, and just a little bit spicy.  I love how quickly it can be thrown together. It's great over rice noodles, but would make a great marinade for chicken skewers on the grill as well.  We always seem to have these ingredients in the house which makes for an easy meal any time.  The recipe below is for one serving of pasta, but you can increase it to fit your needs! I really just throw the ingredients together, so these measurements are approximate, anyways.

Easy Peanut Sauce

Easy Peanut Sauce


Ingredients
1-2 tbsp all natural creamy peanut butter (make your own!)
1-1.5 tbsp rice wine or apple cider vinegar
1-2 tsp sriracha sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1-2 tsp soy sauce

Instructions
1. Whisk all of the ingredients together in a small bowl with a small whisk or fork. If you want it to be hot, heat on the stove in a small saucepan over medium low heat until melted completely.
2. Serve over rice noodles or cooked chicken.

1 comment:

Fash Boulevard said...

mmmm. Fabulous post, love! If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest trend report & post for LaurenConrad.com. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com